Isis claims Manilla resort world shoot out was carried out by its "fighters".Gunman committed suicide in hotel room by setting himself on fire.
ISIS CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY IN A STATEMENT FROM ITS AMAQ MEDIA WING.
The armed suspect forced his way into the Resorts World Manila, an upmarket hotel and casino complex near the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, around midnight local time .Also known as RWM, Resorts World Manila is described on its website as the "first and largest integrated resort in the Philippines."
According to security footage viewed by police, the gunman entered via the parking lot. Police later searched a car and found registration information which they haven't made public.The police later said that 35 people had been killed in the midnight assault.
ISIS CLAIMS MANILLA RESORT WORLD SHOOT OUT
The casualties, who did not seem to have been shot, are thought to have kicked the bucket because of suffocation, Southern Police Locale Executive Director Tomas Apolinario said Friday. "The greater part of the casualties were ladies who were discovered dead inside the washroom," he said.
Thick smoke from flames set by the attacker made searching the building difficult,however officers later found more bodies after clearing operations, National Capital Area Police Office (NCRPO) Executive Oscar Albayalde said.
The greater part of the bodies were found in Resort World Manila's club zone, he said. Another 54 individuals were harmed.
In spite of continuous ISIS-associated aggressor movement in the southern Philippines island of Mindanao, experts discounted fear based oppression as the rationale in the assault.
"This specific circumstance in Manila is not related at all to a psychological militant assault," presidential representative Ernesto Abella told columnist.
The attacker later committed suicide, police said. Manila police boss Oscar Albayalde told columnists that police believe it's feasible the suspect was a foreigner.
"He looks Caucasian, he talks English, he's huge and he's white, so he's likely an outsider," he said.
Stephen Reilly, the resort's chief Officer, said that of those identified, 22 were resort visitors. The rest of the 13 dead were staff.